Biological treatments for contaminated land
Basal membranes and covers for bioremediation
- High performance geosynthetics.
- Large prefabricated panels.
- Quick site installation.
- Excellent track record.
- Basal liners & various covers.
- Bespoke products available.
In order to protect the ground from leaching of contaminants, a geosynthetics barrier is required. PAGeoTechnical has developed a range of specialist materials especially suited to the applications of the bioremediation sector.
- Wide rolls available for self-installation.
- Single sized panels available up to 1000m2.
- Site installation available for larger areas.
Bioremediation processes require specific atmospheric conditions for optimal performance. PAGeoTechnical are pleased to work with bioremediation specialists to develop and provide products to produce optimal conditions for individual site and process conditions.
All types of cover are available:
- Fleece covers designed for dust suppression and to allow water ingress.
- Micro-perforated covers to prevent most water ingress but still allow biopile to breath.
- Impermeable covers for complete containment.
Bioremediation is an ever-moving area and processes are constantly being developed and refined. If you wish to discuss a particular material requirement please contact us. We may be able to supply something appropriate from our extensive knowledge of international manufacturers or have a bespoke product made to your specification.
What is bioremediation?
Bioremediation is a waste management technique that involves the use of natural organisms to neutralise pollutants from a contaminated site. It may occur on its own (natural attenuation or intrinsic bioremediation) or through the addition of stimulators, oxygen, etc. that help to enhance growth of pollution-eating microbes within the medium (biostimulation). Ex situ bioremediation is a technique widely used for site cleanup and consists of excavating contaminated soils and placing them in heap (biopile) or long rows (windrows).